Part Time Development Manager
Reports to the Executive Director.
The NLCHS seeks a detail-oriented and forward-thinking individual to join a team to help establish and grow the organization’s Development Department. The Development Manager will assist the Executive Director in grant writing and research. Additionally the Development Manager will assist in increasing membership and soliciting donors to support the institution. The position offers flexible work hours, and a hybrid work environment. Currently, the position is grant funded for one year. The successful candidate will increase income to support a permanent full time salaried position. Applicants should submit a CV or resume and, a cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Development Manager” in the subject line.
- Working with the Executive Director and the Development Committee Chair the Development Manager will:
- Participate in development strategic planning to cultivate sponsorships, donors, members, and grant awards.
- Research grant opportunities to address preservation, programming, and administrative goals.
- Write, submit, and track grant requests.
- Work with Executive Director to coordinate funding reports for federal, state, city government grant applications as well as private foundation and corporate funding opportunities.
- Maintain records of contributors and prospects in PastPefect database efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure all donor and prospect information is entered on a regular basis.
- Process all gifts received; process mail edits, which includes researching bad addresses and completing changes of address on returned mail.
- Assist in membership management
- Co-lead with the Executive Director the planning and implementation of fundraising events
Bachelor’s degree a plus
Proficiency in Google applications
Two or more years of related professional experience in development at a not-for-profit organization
Strong technology skills and general computer literacy
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong analytical and problems solving skills
Ability to meet competing deadlines on time, while working independently and exercising thoughtful prioritization
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail